Saturday, December 31, 2011

Picture with Santa


Dean had told me earlier in the season that he did not want to get his picture taken with Santa this year. That made this mommy pretty sad but he is almost 9 years old so I wasn't really shocked. We had seen several Santa's and he had no desire. Well Dean did write Santa a letter 2 actually( more about that later), He got a video message from Santa, a letter from Santa and on Christmas morning even got another letter from Santa.
One day we were in a store shopping for something that wasn't even related to Christmas and there he was. SANTA!
Dean immediately wanted to go talk to him and get his picture taken. I of course ran on it and got us over to Santa in record speed. Dean was not in any sort of Christmas outfit as he normally had been for Santa pictures but I didn't care. This could very possibly be our last picture with Santa so it didn't matter to me, just glad it was happening.

After talking to Santa and Mrs. Claus, and getting his picture taken with them, Dean very excitedly told me that this was indeed the real Santa! I asked him how he knew. His response was that he (Santa) talked just like he did in the video message so he knew it was the real one! IT was a priceless response. He was so positive of this. It made this Christmas season start off with a bang for my little 8 1/2 year old boy!

No comments: