Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry Christmas part 2


Once I opened my new camera, it was time for Dean to dig in. He was very excited when he opened his first present from Santa and found out he had brought him the Nintendo DSI xl finally. Dean has been asking for it for a few years now. He was also given several games to go with it as well as some matchbox cars and a case the holds 100 cars!
On to the gifts from mommy. I gave him a few accessories to go with his new video game system that Santa brought as well as about 30 new books, some new clothes, matchbox cars, and Legos.
After that it was my turn to open my gifts from Dean. Dean spent almost solely his own money this year to buy gifts, money he had been saving from working at my parents house over the summer. HE got me a candle, a #1 mom ruler to use at school, and a 3 crock slow cooker. This will be great to have when I am hosting a holiday at my house! Can't wait to use it. He came up with all of these ideas on his own, no grown up help at all except for getting the slow cooker into the cart and up on the check out counter!
Now I have to tell you that the living room at my parents was still full of gifts as we had to wait for my sister and her family to get there to open rest of them.

My sisters family showed up about an hour later and we opened presents again. The first present was to our parents. We got them a picture of the grandkids on a 16x20 canvas.
Next the kids got the their gifts from the respective aunts followed by my sister and I exchanging our gifts. The gift giving ended with my sister and I getting our gifts from our parents and our parents gifts to each other.

When every piece of wrapping paper had been torn off and every ribbon ripped from the packages we let the men clean up, the kids play, and my mom, sister and I made breakfast. Rest of the day was spent with everyone playing with their new gifts, munching on finger foods and just enjoying being with each other. It was a very Merry Christmas for all of us.

This is the picture we gave to our parents, only it was on stretched canvas.

No comments: